Wedding Planning Guide For 2022 and Beyond.With everything crazy that happened in the world in 2020, I felt it was my duty to create an in-depth wedding planning guide for 2021. Everything you need to know about general wedding planning: the world has changed a lot since the start of the pandemic and weddings have been affected. I was super fortunate being a wedding photographer I got still be apart of a few unique weddings even after lockdown which I will treasure forever! Some practices we hope may be for the short term. However, there are a few key things to note in this wedding planning guide. These tips below will affect how you go about planning your wedding in 2021 and beyond.
A different world, a new approach to booking vendors.
- Usually, people book their venue first then go looking for their suppliers. Still, I highly advise starting to look at photographers, videographers, celebrants etc. asap.
- These are the supplier where you want that one particular person for your wedding day that is either at your wedding or is somewhere else so get hunting from your dream team (like a safari but less travel).
- Doing so gives you the best chance to marry up the suppliers you love with your dream venue. This shall save a lot of disappointment as so many of us suppliers have overbooked diaries due to COVID-19.
3. Wedding Trends 2021.Every year, different styles and ideas take over weddings. Here are a few examples of some significant trends coming your way in 2021. Relaxed and Informality First off is chilled out and relaxed weddings. Inviting everyone to your big day is no longer the trend; many people are digging the smaller intimate vibe. Allowing couples to spend their budget more lavishly on a smaller group. The Decor. We are going to see lots of beautiful flora and floristry taking over venues. Tables will be bursting at the seams with foliage or ceremony arches covered in beautiful flowers and greenery. I, for one, live for those pastel green hues of summer!
4. Small Wedding Planning – Why it’s a great time to elope.In 2020 small weddings and elopements made a massive resurgence due to limited guest numbers being allowed because of the pandemic restrictions. But if you look at any number of weddings blogs or magazines, you’ll see just how incredible small weddings can be. Small and intimate weddings and elopements are here to stay, so if you are thinking of getting married and only have a small number of nearest and dearest you want to invite, you can plan the perfect little intimate wedding in 2021. This unusual time has helped some couples who felt pressured to have a large wedding, control how many people attend. Remember, in Scotland, you can get married anywhere you like providing you have permission from landowners on private land. You could get married right on the beach or halfway up a mountain. The choice is yours!
5. Make the most of your wedding.This tip may sound a little simple, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Plan out every part of your wedding day to the minute. Just remember that sometimes things can run on, or be delayed. It’s no different to every other day in life. Give yourself plenty of time for each part, and most importantly make sure you take 5 or 10 minutes away from your guests just you both after your married to soak in all the magic that has just unfolded! I hope this wedding planning guide 2021 edition has given you some useful advice to plan your big dream wedding. Let me know in the comments if you have any advice for couples planning their weddings you’d love to share. Also, be sure to check out some extra wedding planning tips I have on my resource page.
Share this story